Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Hello Friends -

Happy 4th of July, well almost. I love celebrating this holiday and enjoy all the festivities and food that it brings. I also want to acknowledge that it means more than food and fun. If you have a chance this weekend to read the Declaration of Independence I suggest you do so. I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes have to re-read it to understand some of the things they are saying, but it is worth taking 15 to 20 minutes to read it. History was never one of my strong subjects, but as I get older I don't want to take these historical documents for granted. You can read the document at this link below: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

My tip for today: I have found that for any sticky mess like stickers or tape that has left residue, labels on glass jars I might want to keep, gum stuck to my kids fingers and everything thing else along those lines, grab your peanut butter or a similar product. This rubs the sticky right off without a big mess. It also is ok for the kids in case they ingest it. I for some reason can never find my Goo Be Gone and turned to my Jif. So next time you are faced with this type of a problem, grab your jar and try it out.

Ok - here is a salad I am bringing to my sister-in-law's annual 4th of July party. It's my Easy Cheesey Caprisi Salad and it's so easy to make and is very filling. You can make ahead, just don't pour the dressing on until 30 minutes before you serve it.

Easy Cheesey Caprisi Salad
Several Servings
Cook Time: 10-12 (For the pasta)
Prep time: 10 minutes

1 large package (family size) Buitoni Fresh Three Cheese Tortellini, cooked and cooled
1 container mini buffalo mozzarella balls, drained
1 container cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 package fresh basil leaves, sliced *Use as many or as little as you'd like
1 bottle Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Mix all the ingredients and chill for 30 minutes prior to serving.

Have a safe and joy filled 4th of July,
Kirsten

1 comment:

Dave and Vicky said...

Welcome to the blog world!
I told you it was easy :).
Happy 4th!! xoxo