Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back In The Saddle Again!

Hey everyone - 

It's been almost 2 whole years since I last published a blog post.  Why you might ask?!  Well, in May of 2011 I became a finalist in a contest called Real Women of Philadelphia and from there so many wonderful things happened.

At the end of June 2011 all of the finalists were flown to Savannah, GA, that was a huge prize in and of itself.  I spent a week with 15 other wonderful women being pampered, participating in a cook-off, going on tours and eating so much great food.  In addition to all of that, I had several opportunities to spend time with Ms. Paula Deen at a variety of dinners & luncheons.  







At the end of that wonderful week there was a "Live Event" where all of the finalists got all dolled up & were driven to the Lucas Theater for the revealing of the new hosts for the website.  Throughout the course of the night one women from each of the 4 categories: appetizer, side dish, entree & dessert, were crowned winners of their category.

As I walked on stage during the naming of the Entree Host winner, I just reminded myself that I was already a winner just being in Savannah.  Whatever happened in addition to that was icing on the cake.  Well, as Paula Deen pulled the name out of the envelope, I stood with 3 other amazing women and in seconds my life changed in an incredible way!

Paula Deen named me the Season 2 Entree Host, really!  I still tell people what an amazing honor that was because, who gets to do that?  Only 2 of us in the country will have had the honor of that title! I know how special that is!



The adventure I was about to embark on 6 months after that, well, that kept me busy and the time I had for other things, like this blog, got put on the back burner, no pun intended!  I'll share some of those fun things in the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Right now I just want to share my desire to start blogging again for many reasons, most of which is to share all of the exciting things going on in my life as it relates to food, my non-profit organization and how others around us are using food as a way to make a difference in the lives of others.


One of those people is my very own daughter Sophia.  I'll share with you what she's doing to make a difference in the lives of kids in Swaziland, Africa with a simple cup of hot cocoa! 

For now, I can tell you that she's started a Facebook page called The Cocoa Girl so go check it out and like her page.  I'll fill you in more next week!

From my heart to yours,
Kirsten
www.dishinupsomelove.org


1 comment:

Celeste said...

Way to go, Kirsten! I love seeing all the things you are involved with! You are such a wonderful person in so many ways!

Hugs...Celeste