Sunday, July 7, 2013

Loving My FOOD Focused Life!





 




Those of you who know me know I'm generally a busy person.  I don't mean like busy just doing "things", but I'm always busy with different projects outside of my normal schedule of cleaning the house, doing laundry, cooking and working at Valley Natural Foods a local co-op in Burnsville.   (You can see my recipes on my Pinterest page.


 kirsten_strawberry


Most of my projects, if not all of them, revolve around food and that's not a surprise to anyone!  Today I wanted to share with you a few exciting food related events/activities I've got going on.

Tonight I'm super excited to watch the premier of a new show called Food Court Wars on the Food Network and normally a premier of a new show wouldn't elicit a blog posting except for the fact that this past spring my brother Aaron and I competed in this new show for team Slum Dogz

 
 (This photo is a few years old, but I love it!)

Now our episode is on for a few weeks, but I can't wait to watch all of the other episodes and teams compete because those of us on the show now share a special bond....we were incredibly blessed to be a part of this amazing experience.  For me personally, it was by far one of the most incredible competitions I've ever had in the world of food/cooking and to say that I learned something is an understatement.  I learned SO much and am grateful for the opportunity we were given. 

As soon as we can post more information and we get an official air date, I'll be sure to fill all of you in. 

Until then you can find me sharing some of my favorite corn on the cob toppings on Twin Cities Live on Monday, July 8th during their live show from 3-4pm.

From my heart to yours,
Kirsten
www.dishinupsomelove.org







1 comment:

Heidi O said...

So excited to watch when your episode airs-we don't have cable but I know people who do :)
You look like my Mom in that picture-she would be so proud of you! Love you'