Saturday, August 2, 2008

Surprise! Surprise!

Well, I haven't had time in the past two weeks to update everyone on my life, but I had to tonight. I have some awesome news!

Little background to this story is as follows: I was invited to be a guest on a special show Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods was shooting this past Tuesday, July 29th. I declined due to the content of the show, not because of the foods that would be eaten, even though they chose me as one of 10 guests. So even though I would have liked the opportunity, it was a matter of principle. So I didn't get to meet Andrew Zimmern or be a part of his show (on Travel Channel) which is awesome.

So Today, Sat. Aug 2nd, my brother called me to invite me to the Twins game as he had extra tickets. I said yes and took the kids down to the game. We were walking from gate F to gate C where my brother was and at gate D was a tent and there were free t-shirts for none other than Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods. He was in the tent, which was extra, and was signing the shirts for those outside of the tent area. So I brought the kids to my brother and went back down to meet Andrew and get our shirts signed. A few minutes later I hear my brother call out "Hey Skoglund, get over here!" and I started yelling, "I'm over here, I'm not in the tent!" all the while thinking, my name is not Skoglund anymore, why is he calling me that, and he looks at me and points into the tent! THERE WALKING OVER TO MY BROTHER WAS MY DAD! I had been standing there for like 10 min and didn't even see him. I couldn't believe it...It was awesome to see him, he sat and talked with us for a while and my brother invited him to come see us in our section and my dad did. He came and talked with us for a while and it was such a blessing. So Surprise! Surprise! You never know where or when! That was the BEST baseball game I've ever been to and I didn't even watch the game. Good thing, they lost! I'll add a recipe soon...Kirsten

4 comments:

Heidi O said...

I have tears in my eyes after reading this entry. I am so glad that you were able to see him and that he was able to see the grandkids. What a WONDERFUL Blessing! I love you!

Anna said...

I am so happy for you. That is a wonderful surprise!

Dave and Vicky said...

That's a great story. :)

Heidi said...

WOW!!! Kirsten that is the best news. I'm so happy for you - and I continue to pray for you and your family. Keep us posted! :)